Easy to make, it’s the perfect cake for breakfast and for family parties. The recipe that we are presenting you is from Sicily.
- 200g of flour
- 100 g of butter
- 270g of sugar
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 4 oranges
- Grate the outer skin of the 3 oranges.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk, the sugar, the flour, the orange zest and the melted butter and mix all ingredients well, eliminating the lumps of flour.
- Whip the egg whites an incorporate all the ingredients together with the baking powder.
- Pour everything in a baking dish 18-20 cm in diameter. Make sure you grease and flour the baking dish before.
- Place in the oven at 180 degrees and bake as long as needed. Times vary based on your oven. About 40-50 minutes.
- Let it cool down and then drizzle the surface of the cake with sugared orange and cognac juice.
- Garnish with the grated orange skins and 6 orange slices, that were quickly caramelized in a pan with 4 spoons of sugar.