Sweet and hot baked apple is a typical winter dessert. Perfect to give warmth on the coldest day’s of the year. However serve slightly warmed up, and perfect in any season and not only at the end of the meal: it can be a tasty breakfast alternative, or a snack that children would love and appreciate.
- 4 large Apples
- 6 walnuts
- 40 g shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 butter flakes (about 30g)
- Finely chop the pistachios together with the kernels of walnuts
- Cut the apples in half, and then lay them on the baking sheet, just enough to hold them all
- Crumble a bit of cinnamon stick and and mix it together with the sugar
- Spread the honey over all the apples and cover them with the pistachios and walnut crumbs
- Put small pieces of butter in the cores and sprinkle everything with the sugar
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees: baking time (20-30 minutes) depending on your oven and the type of apples. You can also use the microwave. In that case cook for approximately 6-8 minutes (depending on the apples) at maximum power.