Spring rice salad is a classic summer dish, for a meal that is light, fast and complete, all at the same time. It can literally be made in hundreds of ways, with all possible mix of ingredients. Our recipe is characterized in particular by the combination of raw bell pepper, lemon and chives. If you don’t have fresh chives, use ½ finely chopped onion and leave it to soak 5 minutes in warm water.
For 4 people
- 300 g of rice for salads
- 180g of cooked ham
- 200g of really firm tomato salad
- 1 green pepper
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Cut the cooked ham in one or two very thick slices
- Clean the peppers removing all the seeds and cut into cubes
- Squeeze a large lemon in a bowl with a pinch of salt and let the pepper cubes, 2 tablespoons of chives and a few leaves of chopped basil marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Dice the tomatoes, eliminating the water inside
- Boil the rice in plenty of salted water. When cooked, only drain the boiling water, cool the rice with 3 ladles of cold water, then drain it completely
- Mix the rice in a salad bowl with all the other ingredients, including the lemon juice. If necessary add salt and then let the salad stand a few dozens minutes and serve at room temperature.