This hearty side dish is perfect for the summer, with fresh beans, but also perfect for the winter when using dry beans, revived by soaking them the entire night. The particularity is the use of a raw onion: a vegetable that in the summer you can appreciate much more, thanks to the ability of the onion being delicate and used in sweet varieties, such as the onions or (to remain on typical Italian products) the red onions from Tropea.
- 300 gr of fresh beans
- 300 g of fresh tomatoes
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- Place the fresh beans in a pot with 2 garlic cloves and laurel leaves
- Cover with cold slightly salted water, bring to boil and cook until they are cooked, but still firm: generally about 50 mins. Drain them and let them cool down
- Slice the tomatoes and rinse them. Slice the onions.
- Put the beans, the tomatoes and the onions in a salad bowl, add the olive oil, 6 basil chopped basil leaves, ground pepper and vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients, add some salt, let it stand for 1 hour, also in order for the beans to absorb the seasoning, and then serve at room temperature